Effective Date: June 2, 2015
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY KREDIBLE. When you register with Kredible™, you provide us (through the Site or Services) with certain personal information, such as your name, email address, shipping/billing address, photo, information about your contacts on social networks, and any other information that you choose to provide to us (“User Content”). You also authorize Kredible to access information about you from Internet searches and information you have provided to third-party social networks (“Third-Party User Content”), such as your profile information and online connections. Kredible analyzes your User Content and Third Party User Content to generate a custom score and report (“User Profile Analysis Information”). Collectively, the User Content, Third-Party User Content, and User Profile Analysis Information shall be referred to as the “Information.”
When you use our Site or Services, Kredible also automatically collects certain types of information, such as which pages you click on, your browser type, and your IP address.
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals, and we may track your activities once you leave our Site. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
4. USES OF THE COLLECTED INFORMATION. Kredible uses the Information to:
- provide our Services, including to authenticate your visits to the Site and use of the Services, administer your account and customize the Service to you;
- analyze your online profile and generate User Profile Analysis Information;
- troubleshoot and maintain the Site;
- contact you about announcements from Kredible or other users from time to time;
- conduct research to manage and improve our Site and Services; and
- comply with applicable legal obligations.
5. DISCLOSURE OF THE COLLECTED INFORMATION. Kredible may disclose the Information to:
- your employer or the organization through which you registered with Kredible
- comply with the law or as required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process as reasonably necessary;
- send you service-related announcements from time to time about the general operation of our Services. Kredible reserves the right to send you such notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications;
- agents or contractors authorized solely to perform services on our behalf, such as providing support for our internal operations;
- our affiliates or subsidiaries;
- another entity in connection with a merger, reorganization or sale of some or all of our assets or in the event of bankruptcy;
- third parties, including for their own marketing purposes.
In addition, we may disclose aggregate or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION. Kredible uses physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect the Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of the Information or guarantee that your Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
7. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. Once you have shared your User Content with Kredible, you may be able to control how it is made available to others by taking the following steps:
- review and modify your User Content – you can review the User Content you provided to us and make changes to it including your email and notification settings at any time.
- contact us to modify your name and contact information associated with your account – some changes to your account, such as your name and contact information, require verification before they can be made. Contact us if you would like certain information, which cannot be changed through the Site to be updated.
- contact us to deactivate your account – you may deactivate your account by contacting us.
8. OTHER SITES AND THIRD PARTIES. The Site may contain links to websites owned by other companies. Kredible does not control or endorse and is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites or third parties to whom you may link from the Site. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third- party websites.
9. CHILDREN. The Site is not intended for use by children under thirteen (13) years of age. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
10. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. California law permits customers of Kredible who are California residents to request and receive certain information regarding Kredible’s disclosure of Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and your choices with respect to such disclosures. To make such a request, please contact us through the information provided below in “Contact.”